- Why Online Charts & Graphs?
- Online Charts & Graphs Tools
- Online Charts & Graphs Video Tutorial
- How to Integrate Online Charts & Graphs
Charts and graphs are important visualization tools that can help students both understand and present data. The use of charts and graphs turns statistics into a visual representation of numbers and allows students to see comparisons and relationships that are often masked by data.
There are several advantages to using online chart and graph tools. By using online chart and graph services, students can create visuals quickly by simply inputting data or importing a spreadsheet. Online charts and graphs can be shared easily, printed as a handout, or embedded in an online presentation. Multiple students can also work collaboratively on charts and graphs and, depending on the tool, can do so in real-time.
Create bar graphs, line graphs or pie charts quickly. Select a chart style and chart dimensions, enter your y-axis and z-axis data, and hit the create button. No registration required.
A collaborative online spreadsheet tool that comes free with a Google Account. Here is what you can do with Google Spreadsheet:
- Create, fomat, edit, and publish a spreadsheet online.
- Make your spreadsheet private, public, or just to those who have the link
- Invite others by email to edit or view your spreadsheet.
- Import and convert .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data.
- Use formatting and formula editing.
- Export .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data and PDF and HTML files.
- Use the chat tool to communicate with others in real time.
- Publish your spreadsheet, or individual sheets, as a webpage or embed into an exisitng web page
- See video tutorial below
This charting service allows you to take data from a spreadsheet and transform it into bar charts, pie charts, area charts, and other types of charts. It is compatible with Excel spreadsheets and Google spreadsheets.
This web-based tool eenables users to create public or private interactive bar graphs, line graphs, and pie charts. An optional feature is to reveal additional information by moving the cursor over the data.
Creating Charts with Google Docs Spreadsheets
Google Docs in Plain English
Share Chart Data via Widgenie
Here are several ways to integrate charts and graphs:
- Students make visual representations of various historical data that they have collected.
- Students integrate charts and graphs to explain economic history concepts and issues.
- Students research labor or business history and present present their findings in a chart or table.
- Line graphs are used to show historical trends.
- Pie charts are used to depict a ratio or percentage relationship, such as perentage of immigrants who live in America during a particular period.
- Charts and graphs are used to help students understand issues related to government budgeting.